Women Writing for (a) Change®
CLASS OFFERINGS FOR 2018
Our work is to make ourselves visible in the world. This is the soul’s individual journey, and the soul would much rather fail at its own life then succeed at someone else’s. ~ David Whyte
I am the only one who can tell the story of my life and say what it means~ Dorothy Allison
Come spread your writer’s wings and experience the healing that happens through writing in community. This is a non-competitive, supportive place to explore your inner voice through words, a place to experience ‘deep listening,’ to find inspiration for your own writing practice and to share the gift of words.
FREE SAMPLERS ~ 2018
- FREE Samplers are designed to introduce new participants to the practices used in WWf(a)C Core Classes before committing to the course. Upcoming samplers are:
- Saturday, August 18, 2018 ~ 10:00-12noon
- Saturday, September 1, 2018 ~ 10:00-12noon
The Free Samplers are a delightful way to get a feel for the classes and a wonderful way to meet other women who love to write. Here we deeply listen to one another and advocate for each other’s writing. No matter where you are in the writing process you will find a supportive, conscious community of women and plenty of inspiration! Whether you hope to enhance, re-engage, or explore the healing power of writing for the first time, these circles will support women in all stages of the writing process.
Sign up early to reserve yourself a seat! Samplers are limited to 12 women. Click below to fill out the Sampler registration form.
I will respond to confirm your space in the circle and send a welcome letter one week before the event.
2018 FALL CLASSES begin:
- MORNING CLASS: Tuesday mornings from 9:30 AM – Noon, beginning September 18th and ending December 11th. Classes will include: September 18, 25 October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November 6, 13, 20, 27, December 4, 11 (No class November 20.)
- EVENING CLASS: Wednesday evenings from 6:30-9:00 PM, beginning September 19 and ending December 12th. Classes will include: September 19, 26 October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 November 7, 14, 21, 28 December 5, 12 (No Class November 21) CMU credit is available for teachers.
Cost of 12-week class: $350.00. Cost includes weekly printed materials and a rented space in which to gather for our Public Read-a-Round near the end of the class session. Snacks and coffee provided weekly. At the end of class you will receive an anthology which includes selected pieces of writings submitted by class members.
Early Bird Special ($30.00 discount) ~ Register by August 21, 2018
To guarantee your space and receive the Early Bird Discount, please register on-line and send $160.00 to: Karen Fricke: 2476 Monument Rd., Grand Junction, CO. 81507 ~ the balance of $160.00 will be due on 1st day of class.
After August 21, please register on-line and send $175.00 to : Karen Fricke: 2476 Monument Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81507 ~ the balance of $175.00 will be due on 1st day of Class.
I will respond to confirm your seat and send you a Welcome Letter two weeks prior to class.
Last day to register is September 4th.
Class size: Minimum: 8 Maximum: 12
Please Register through the link to Class Registration form below:
and send deposit to:
Karen Fricke, WWf(a)C~GJ, 2476 Monument Rd. Grand Junction, CO 81507
When I receive your registration I will send a confirmation email and welcome letter.
Sampler and classes are held at 2476 Monument Rd., Grand Junction, CO. and are limited to 12 women.
If you have questions about our classes feel free to contact Karen at: